You can cast Prime Video to your tv if you have a Google Chromecast, Android TV, or a Fire TV device. Many tasks can be accomplished with an Android phone or tablet, such as internet browsing, sending SMS and emails, and watching movies and series with the Amazon Prime Video app.
Table of Contents
How can I cast my phone to TV?
How do I pair my phone with my TV? Although your Android phone or tablet can do a job in that department, the truth remains that videos appear and feels more enjoyable on a bigger screen experience-wise.
How Do I Cast Prime Video from Android to My TV?
- Turn on the television. Ensure that you have the most latest version of the Prime Video app installed on your device, as well as the most up-to-date software.
- On your Android, iPhone, iPad, or Fire tablet, open the Prime Video app. Make sure you’re using the same Amazon account for the Prime Video app as you are for your Fire TV, Android TV, or Chromecast.
- Make sure that your Fire TV, Android TV, or Chromecast is turned on and connected to the same network as your smartphone or tablet. You can only cast to Chromecast if you have an iPhone or iPad.
- On your Prime Video app, tap the Cast icon.
- Choose the device you want to use. Please note that Google Chromecast, Fire TVs, Android TVs, Roku, select LG and Samsung TVs, Apple TV (4th Generation), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S devices are the only devices that allow casting. Your living room device displays the message “Ready to Cast.”
- Choose a movie that you want to view. Playback, song, and subtitle controls will be available on the mobile device.
- If you want to alter the style of your Subtitles on Chromecast using your iOS device, head to iOS Settings > Accessibility > Subtitles & Captioning > Style and choose a style. If you want to apply other fonts or sizes, you can create a new style.
- While a title is being cast on an Android smartphone, press the three-dot bar on the screen. Switch on Show captions and select Subtitle styles. From that menu, you can also choose Caption size and style options.
How do I watch Amazon Prime on a non-smart TV?
How do I cast to a non-smart TV? Just log in to your Amazon Prime account using an up-to-date web browser. Assuming you don’t have a game console or stream player, you can use an HDMI cable to connect your laptop or tablet to your TV. Then, set your TV to HDMI mode, and your tablet/laptop screen should appear on the TV.