While creating a Facebook account, most people select a gender while completing the necessary details. Previously, Facebook Gender Pronouns selection was confined to “man” or “female” (these are sexes, not genders). Fb now has a plethora of choices. It’s simple to change your existing sexuality choice or create a new one if you haven’t before. And below is how to do it.
Table of Contents
How to Edit Facebook Gender Pronouns
The social media service collaborated with LGBTQ campaigners to introduce more gender choices for people that do not identify as being either males or females.
- Log in to Facebook, then go to About > Contact and Basic Info > Edit, then select Male, Female, or Custom from the drop-down menu.
- If you select Custom, a drop-down menu will appear, allowing you to choose from a range of alternatives.
- To limit who can see your gender in your Facebook profile, use the privacy button.
Facebook has launched over 50 gender identities at the time, namely Bigender and Gender Fluid. Users can also choose which pronouns are best acceptable for them, such as she, he, or they, on the platform.
Gender Pronouns Options on Facebook 2021
Since the initial 50 gender possibilities were introduced, Facebook has been introduced further. It hasn’t provided a thorough list, but there are at least 71 alternatives.
How can I change my gender? Facebook Gender Choices
To update or edit your gender selections on Facebook, go to: https://www.facebook.com/settings/
- Go to your page on Facebook after logging in.
- Navigate to the About tab.
- Select Contact and Basic Info is highlighted on a Facebook About tab.
- The Contact and Basic Info options on a Facebook profile are highlighted.
- Next to your gender, click the Edit icon. This brings up a menu with three choices: Female, Male, and Custom.
- Custom gender pronouns options are indicated on the Facebook contact information page.
- A text field displays if you select Custom. Selecting it brings up a new drop-down menu with a variety of alternatives. Choose which ones you wish to include in your profile. You can also indicate the pronouns you’d want to use.
- You can control who can see your gender on Facebook by using the privacy button. You may choose to make it public, private, or only seen by friends.
- With Facebook’s privacy settings, you can choose whether or not your gender is visible to the public.
- To keep your modifications, select Save.
What are the 72 genders? Available Options
Gender pronouns options on Facebook include:
- Cis Woman
- Cis Man
- Gender Fluid
- Gender Questioning
- Trans Woman
- Trans Man
- Transgender Person
Gender and sex are distinct, but they are frequently confused. While “man” and “female” would be the only “gender” choices on Facebook at the time, these terms denote sex and hint at sexual characteristics. Gender is a socially and culturally determined concept that is unrelated to sexual attributes.