How to Change Your Snapchat Username – Users could not change their usernames or exchange account data across usernames on Snapchat before now. Nevertheless, you may always Change Your Snapchat Display Name. This piece will show you how to get around such limitations by updating your Snapchat username. Make a completely new Snapchat account with a new name. Before you start a new account, write down or screenshot your friends’ usernames so you can add them to your new one.
Can You Change Your Snapchat Username?
When you first create your Snapchat account, you choose a username. You cannot alter your Snapchat username. This is for your safety. Account data, Memories, and Snapstreaks cannot be transferred from one username to another. However, you can change your Snapchat display name.
How to Change Your Snapchat Display Name
To begin, there is a creative approach to changing your username with a personalized Display Name. Your username remains unchanged, but it is no longer accessible to your friends. See instructions below:
- Open Snapchat and go to the upper-left corner of the screen and select your profile/Bitmoji symbol.
- To access your Settings, click the gear symbol in the upper-right corner.
- Choose a name.
- In the Name box, type a new display name.
- Save the data.
Almost everybody has had the experience of making a username when they were in a different phase to where they are currently, and wish they could change something. While Snapchat does not allow you to modify your login username, you can change your display name.
How to Create a New Snapchat Account with Username
Creating a new Snapchat account is another option if you want to change your Snapchat username. You will manually update your contacts to your new account if you select this alternative. Before you start, save the Snapchat names of your pals and then establish a new account.
- Tap Chat and then the topmost corner’s New Chat icon.
- To see your contacts in alphabetical order, go to All. Take a screenshot of the list or jot down every contact.
- Input their name into the search area at the top of the screen, you can find the first person on your list.
- Make a mental note of the username that shows next to their Display Name. Rep #4 until you’ve located all of your friends’ usernames.
- To stop searching, press the X in the search bar. To access Settings, first, select your profile/Bitmoji symbol, then the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- At the end of the Settings menu, tap Log Out and verify that you wish to log out of your account.
- To establish a new account with your new username, click Sign Up.
- After you’ve finished setting up your new account, click the magnifying glass button to look for your friends’ usernames.
- To add them, tap Add.
That is how to change your Snapchat display name as an alternative to the username.