The following shows how to log out of a Roku account so that you can create a new one. All Roku devices, including Roku smart TVs, must follow these guidelines, whether it be Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, HBO Max, etc.
To watch your favorite stuff on Roku, you’ll need a Roku account. It’s similar to a Roku device’s ID card. Logging into your Roku account is the only way to utilize a Roku TV or device. As a result, Roku is an integral part of Roku devices.
Table of Contents
How to Log Out of Accounts on Roku
Roku settings, channel purchases, and app purchases are all stored in your Account Settings. Various apps will be available through your Roku account.
- Press and hold the Reset button for 20 seconds, or select Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be taken through the setup steps the next time your TV turns on, so you can join into an existing Roku account or create a new account.
- On a single Roku, you can’t have more than one account, but you can use the same account on several Rokus.
Factory resetting your Roku device is the only method to sign out of your account. If your Roku has a reset button, press and hold it for around 20 seconds until the power LED blinks, then release it.
How Do I Log Into My Roku Account on My TV?
When you power on the Roku once it has been reset, you will be directed through the setup procedure. You’ll be prompted to select your preferred language, connect to your Wi-Fi network, and sign in or create a new Roku account. Roku will allow you to access channels you’ve subscribed to, but you may need to download them again.
How to Add Another Account to My Roku TV?
On one Roku device, you can’t have several accounts. Your account, on the other hand, can be used on several Rokus. You’ll be able to view all of your subscribed channels on all of your Roku devices this way.
How Do I Reset My Roku for a New User Account?
When you’re gifting or trading your Roku device, make sure you reset it so the new owner doesn’t have log in access to the account. To return your Roku device to factory settings, read the directions mentioned.
How to Unlink Roku to My Account
If your Roku TV doesn’t have a reset button, press and hold the Mute and Power buttons while unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in. Release the buttons when you see the TV’s setup screen.
You can also use the Settings menu to reset your Roku:
- Go to Settings from the home screen.
- Select System > Advanced System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Factory Reset is the option to choose.
- Select OK after entering the confirmation code.
If you have further questions on how to log in and log out of Roku accounts let us know in the comment section immediately.