Is your Fitbit activity tracker is not synchronizing with your smartphone? See How to Reset Your Fitbit if it stopped monitoring your exercises correctly, reacting to touches, clicks, or swipes recently. However, the method for resetting a Fitbit and returning it to factory settings varies from a device to another, and some versions don’t have a factory restore feature.
How to Reset Your Fitbit
Fitbit Flex, Charge 2, Charge 3, Charge 4, Blaze, Alta, Surge, Iconic, and Versa 2 Versa 3, Versa light Inspire are all covered by these guidelines. Do you own a Fitbit Alta? See our guide to resetting the Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Alta HR. To learn how to reset your Fitbit, go to the subsection following as corresponds to your type or version.
Fitbit Flex and Fitbit Flex 2 Restore Guide
For a Fitbit Flex unit, follow these steps:
- Take the Fitbit’s pebble out.
- Connect the charging wire to the pebble.
- Plug the Flex charger/cradle into a USB port on your computer.
- Find the pebble’s little black hole.
- Hold down the clip in place for around three seconds.
- Detach the paper clip from the situation.
- The Device will turn on and begin the reset procedure.
Related: How to Connect Alexa to Roku Device
Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Iconic Reset
To deactivate a Fitbit Iconic or Fitbit Versa from your Fitbit account, follow these steps.
- Sign in to Fitbit at www.fitbit.com.
- Select the item you want to delete from the Dashboard.
- Get to the bottom of the page.
- Delete this Fitbit (Iconic or Versa) from your account by clicking Remove This Fitbit (Iconic or Versa) From Your Account and then OK.
- After that, open your phone’s Settings menu, select Bluetooth, find and select the device, and then choose to forget the item.
- Then, go to Settings > About > Factory Reset and apply the on-screen instructions to restore factory settings to your device.
Fitbit Charge and Charge HR Reset
To restore factory settings on a Fitbit Charge device, follow these steps:
- Insert the Fitbit into a USB port that is turned on and connected to the power cord.
- Find the Fitbit’s accessible button and hold it down for about 2 seconds.
- Unplug your Fitbit from the power cord without releasing the button.
- Press it down for another 7 seconds.
- Release the button, then repeat.
- Release the button if you see the term ALT and a screen flash.
- Hit the button once more.
- Release the button on vibration.
- Push the button once more.
- Release it when you get the message ERROR.
- Press the button once more.
- Let go of the button once you get the message ERASE.
- It will shut down on its own.
- Return the Fitbit to its original position.
How to Reset a Fitbit Blaze or Fitbit Surge
There is no way to factory reset the Fitbit Blaze. All you have to do now is delete the tracker from your Fitbit account and instruct your phone to ignore that Bluetooth device.
To deactivate a Fitbit Blaze or Fitbit Surge from your Fitbit account, follow these steps.
- Log in to Fitbit at www.fitbit.com.
- Select the device you want to delete from the Dashboard.
- To get to the end of the screen, scroll down.
- Remove this Fitbit (Blaze or Surge) from your account by clicking Remove This Fitbit (Blaze or Surge) From Your Account and then OK.
- To do so, go to your phone’s Settings and select Bluetooth. Choose to forget the device after you’ve located it and clicked it.
What Happens if I Reboot My Fitbit?
Restoring your device erases all formerly saved information and any data that is yet to connect to your Fitbit account. Also, it resets alerts, objectives, reminders, and other configurations. A restart, although can potentially fix basic issues, merely refreshes the gadget without erasing any data. Please try a reboot initially, then a restore if everything else fails.