Are you qualified for the Sasol Bursary Programme for South African youth?
Table of Contents
Sasol must ensure the continuous availability of skills to sustain growth because talent is scarce in South Africa and globally. Our Sasol Bursary program for South African youth is one of our key talent levers for meeting our transformation and strategic talent objectives.
The chemical and energy sectors have been voted Sasol Employer of Choice for five consecutive years in the SAGEA employer survey, thanks to its reputation as an employer of choice.
Sasol currently has several programs allowing scholars and graduates to develop.
Sasol Bursary Programme (website open for applications – studies 2023 – from 19 April to 27 May 2022)
The Sasol Bursary program is a complete package that includes both financial and developmental help throughout the academic year. Full-time university studies in engineering and science are eligible for bursaries. Students who complete the study time successfully may be hired by the Sasol Group through its Graduate Development Programmes. The Sasol Bursary Programme includes:
- Undergraduate Bursaries: This level provides honors degrees for applicants pursuing bachelor’s degrees in engineering or science (in our context).
- Postgraduate Bursaries: For applicants who are pursuing a Master’s or Doctorate in Science or Chemical Engineering and are currently pursuing or have finished their degrees.
- University of Technology Bursaries: For those interested in pursuing a B. Eng. Tech. in Mine Surveying at a university of technology.
What you must know:
- Students who are already enrolled in a so-called 5-year program or who intend to enroll in a 5-year study plan are not eligible to apply. (If you still apply and we subsequently learn that you have already registered for or will register for a 5-year program, the bursary will be rescinded with effect immediately.)
- Bursaries are given out for normal degree courses that must be completed in a certain amount of time (e.g. B.Sc. or B.Eng. Engineering studies over 4 years).
- Students must enroll in a full-time program at a recognized and accredited South African university. Students may not, for example, enroll in a so-called distance-learning facility or institution, such as UNISA.
- Students applying for a second, third, or fourth-year bursary must still be able to follow the above-mentioned criteria. Please do not apply if you have failed courses, failed to register for certain modules, or canceled any modules, adding a year to your study time (resulting in a 5- or 6-year study period). In essence, you must be able to finish the necessary degree course in the minimal and normal time frame—for example, 4 years for a B.Eng. or B.Sc. Engineering degree.
- If an individual provides misleading data during the application process and this information is brought to Sasol’s attention at a later date, the invitation to the next round of selection, the bursary offer, or the bursary will be forced to withdraw with immediate effect due to possible deliberate or accidental fraud.
- Bursaries will not be provided to students pursuing a so-called dual/combined/hybrid degree program (e.g., B.Sc. Chemistry with Chemical Engineering, B.Eng. Mechatronics, B.Sc. Environmental & Geology, etc.).
- Students must understand that if the information supplied during the application, the probable bursary interview, or any subsequent date varies, the application or bursary shall be considered null and invalid.
- All submissions must be made before the application closing date’s closure of business.
- Applications that are incomplete or submitted late will not be considered.
- Email applications and/or applications not submitted through the Sasol bursaries portal will not be accepted.
- Non-South African citizens’ applications will not be entertained.
Please contact via the following if you have any issues with your application:
Click here to visit the website for the Sasol Bursary Programme
Click here to REGISTER & APPLY for the Sasol Bursary Programme
Berlyne Rasool | email@example.com | 086 010 6235