Talking of one of the best streaming sites where people come together live every day to interact, chat, and make entertainment together, you mention Twitch. With this site, you get to stream your video game online. Twitch gives you the chance to meet new people and have fun together. Though Twitch focuses on video game live streaming, it also offers music broadcast, sports, creative content, and more. See How to Watch Twitch on Roku below.
Can I watch Twitch on Roku?
Twitch is the most popular gaming app on the planet. Twitch offers one of the best streaming services and features to keep users entertained. You can watch what you want, communicate with people who share your interests, and connect with streamers. Twitch is available on Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Xbox, Apple TV, and Fire TV, among other platforms.
Nevertheless, to catch fun on Twitch, you will need an unofficial channel to get started. The worst sensation is not being able to access the content you want after you’ve purchased a streaming gadget. Not to worry, you can use a private channel called Twoku in the meantime to access the Twitch goodies.
Twoku is a private ROKU channel that grants Twitch streams without depending on the app. It isn’t perfect (bugs abound, and updates are infrequent), but it is still the best way to watch Twitch on Roku. Since the twitch channel is not available, we recommend Twoku to merge Twitch with a Roku device and enjoy your streaming journey. For now, Twoku is the best Twitch streaming alternative.
How To Download Twoku
From the Roku website, you can download and add the Twoku channel.
However, because this is a non-certified channel, you must use the channel access code to add it. Furthermore, because the Twoku app is still in beta, some Twitch features are unavailable.
Here’s how to install Twoku to your Roku.
- Go to the official site https://my.roku.com/index.
- Sign in to your Roku account
- Click on Add Channel with a code.
- Type Twoku in the search bar and select Add Channel.
- A warning will appear on your screen because you want to install an uncertified app on Roku. Accept it by pressing the OK button.
- Twoku will appear in your channel list once you switch on your device.
- A four-digit code will appear on your screen.
- Now go to http://twoku-web.herokuapp.com/ on your computer’s browser.
- Enter the code that appears on your Roku TV’s screen.
- After you’ve gone through all of the permissions, click Authorize at the bottom.
Twitch is now available to stream on Roku. You can now watch Twitch streams, both live and recorded.
How to Watch Twitch on Roku With Mirroring
Using screen mirroring, you may view the Twitch app on your Roku.
As discussed before in this section, you can achieve this by mirroring the screen of your Android and iOS devices.
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store and download the Twitch app.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Bluetooth & Device Connections from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select the Cast option and then the Enable Wireless Display option.
- From the list of devices, click on your Roku device.
- On the prompt that displays on your Roku screen, select Allow.
- Your Roku device will display your mobile screen.
- On your Android device, open the Twitch app.
- Click on what you wish to stream, and your Roku TV will show it to you.
For iOS devices:
- On your iOS device, download and open the Twitch app.
- Choose the station you want to watch.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your smartphone screen to access the Command Center.
- Select your Roku device from the Screen Mirroring menu.
- If you’re using Roku for the first time, you’ll need to enter the four-digit code that appears on your TV to start streaming.
- You may now watch Twitch on Roku and interact with other users. You can also use the chat option to communicate with other gamers.
How to Watch Twoku Through a Web Browser
You can watch Twitch on any browser on your PC or laptop and cast the screen to your Roku TV. You’ll be able to use all of Twitch’s features without having to use any third-party programs this way.
Let’s look at a Twitch on Roku using a web browser.
- On your Mac’s desktop, go to the Command Center.
- Screen Mirroring is a good option.
- Select your Roku device from the list to connect your Mac desktop to Roku.
- Now go to your desktop and open any browser.
- Open Twitch and all of its content will appear on your Roku TV screen.
How to Watch Twitch On Roku Via Airplay
The procedure of using Airplay to stream Twitch is similar to screen mirroring. If you don’t want to reflect your phone screen, you can choose this option. Below are the instructions for watching Twitch on your Roku using Airplay:
- On your smartphone, open the Twitch app.
- Select the station you’d like to watch.
- To access the Command Center, swipe down from the top-right corner of your device’s screen.
- In the top-right corner, select Airplay.
- From the list of nearby devices, choose your Roku device.
Keep in mind, though, that the chat option will remain on your phone. (Unfortunately, this is one of the disadvantages of unofficially streaming Twitch on Roku.) It takes some extra effort to figure out how to watch or get Twitch on Roku. Until then, you can use these simple workarounds to watch Twitch on Roku.
How do you download apps to Roku?
- On the remote, press the Home button.
- Go to the Streaming Channels section.
- Locate the app you want to install.
- Once you’ve located the app, pick it and choose Add channel.
- Wait for the app to be added to the list.
- When the app is added, you’ll receive a confirmation message.
- How to Download Gostream Videos Online
- How to Download BiliBili Videos Online
- How to Get free Local Channels on Roku